Thursday, August 12, 2010

Surprise at the GYM

I guess you are wondering what it might be!! I have totally surprised myself with how much I am enjoying the gym routine. 4 years ago when I embarked on a weight loss cycle I joined a gym with great expectations. I signed up for a year convincing myself that I could do this BUT alas as with the "diet" both only lasted 2 weeks!! Rick worked it out it cost $500 per visit!

So you can imagine the trepidation and procrastination that went into the decision to try again!! Even though the healthy eating side of things was going extra ordinarily well there was a huge risk involved.

What is different this time round??

1 I know what I want and what I need to do to get what I want

2 I found the time of day that works best for me. I am a morning person so 6am before I start work fits perfectly into my day.

3 I have joined a supervised gym the PTs follow you through the circuit and advise and encourage and push you through for maximum benefit.

4 I can be in and out of the gym in 45 minutes including 20 minutes on the Exercycle

I have been going religiously 3 times a week for 6 weeks now and its such a part of my routine that when I went on 2 weeks holiday I was concerned that I would "break " the habit!! Definitely not the case as when we came home to discover the fire in the house I was so disappointed I could not get to the Gym the next day!!!

A new positive habit has formed that will contribute to making me a winner in this journey....

1 comment:

  1. Very pleased for you and not surprised. Your head is right where it needs to be for all this. I think morning exercise adds 'bounce' to your day.

    ReplyDelete