Tuesday, August 17, 2010

OMG Wedding and engagement rings now fit perfectly!!

As a reward for my 25kg goal back in early July, I had my wedding and engagement rings repaired after they had been cut off and stored in the safe over 5 years ago. The woman in the jewelery store sized my finger and said that I would need to go up 2 sizes. I made the decision to get them re soldered and NOT resized.

When I picked them up there was no way they would fit onto my finger so back into the safe they went. 2 weeks ago I tried them on again to discover that I could get them both on but it became very evident if I wanted my finger to survive one of them had to come off!! So after a struggle to remove it, back into the safe my engagement ring went.

Last night after doing some more fire clean up I tried again and FINALLY I could get both rings on and off with very little trouble and I have worn both all day today and still have a healthy finger!!!

I keep looking at my beautiful rings and feel intense pleasure to be able to have them back where they belong!!

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! I can't believe how much weight we carry in our fingers! I am not re-sizing mine until I get closer to goal so now I'm wearing them on my middle finger. Felt weird at first but I've got used to it. I hated not wearing them at all. Yours will look so nice on the correct fingers.
    How's the house looking/smelling now? Has the bed arrived?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Liz! What a great feeling that must be xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't find your email address so will write here. Thanks for your words re Dad. I also felt that pancreatic surgery would be about as painful as the cancer itself, and reduce his quality of life.
    As for Hospice care, we're a bit lucky. My sister is the charge nurse for the South Auckland Hospice. She will be amazing with Dad when needed.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete