Friday, September 3, 2010

Thought I would share part of my presentation...

The Leadership Development Programme has been an awakening of the real me.
The voyage of self discovery,which I was ready and open to embrace,for me has been a catalyst for positive change in the way I deal with the stress.

Through out the programme I was given guidance and strategies for success which have allowed me to make the changes I needed for my general health and wellbeing.

The Myers Briggs profile, I was blown away by its accuracy!! I was somewhat of a skeptic about the value of profiling but the motivators and leadership style listed for ISFP is so ME! I can see myself 100% in everything in my profile-the good, the bad and the ugly.I am someone who is valued centred and has worked hard to bring the team with me. The profiling has allowed me to understand the team and their needs which has been so valuable in working through the culture change at work

The Prayer for the ISFP personality has been answered in the affirmative "O God help me to believe the the truth about myself,no matter how beautiful it is! Help my unbelief!!"(If you don't mind me asking!!)

Staying in the green zone and recognising my defenses has had the greatest impact on how I manage difficult situations and challenging people which is a frequent occurrence in the OR. Although not always perfect I am finding that I now deal with the base of the iceberg so those tip of the iceberg explosions are fewer and far between.

Being able to identify the triggers and changing how I react has been the single most gift for me and has been instrumental to my success on this weight loss journey.

As part of that journey I have kept a list of non scale victories which highlight many of the positive changes that have occurred for me and they have also helped to keep me grounded through the tough times. I have a daily mantra which is a quote by Raymond Chandler
"Ability is what you are capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it"

Over the last 12 months I have received so much positive feedback from through out the organisation but its only recently I have truly started to realise that I do make a difference.

Thank you for believing in me (abridged)

This was part of a presentation I gave to the executive team who sponsored me through this programme

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is really awesome Liz! I'm glad you are getting lots of great feedback! I hope the reaction of your audience was great!

    ReplyDelete