Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Good day!

Good day for me I had my first mentoring session this afternoon which is part of the leadersip development programme I am doing. I was a little anxious about how this would go but I am very pleased with how it went with conversation flowing throughout. The hour flew by and I was worried I would not have anything to say!!! The session challenged my thinking and has me with a lot to ponder about other ways to handle challenging situations. I certainly have plenty to write in my reflective journal tonight.

Oops forgot to mention I had a mini blow out (8pts) my first since starting WW, last night. So I am turning the week into a "Wendie week" to try and recover the damage. It will be interesting to see how I manage that! So far with dinner included I have saved 5 pts today. My fingers are crossed that I can recover for WI on Sunday.

Deb- I soo am with you about that desire to be at goal but I am finding this road of self discovery and the journey is a necessary learning period for me so that when I do get to goal I will stay there forever.

I had a little high yesterday I "dared" to try on a sz 12 denim skirt and discovered it fitted and was only ever so slightly snug! Needles to say its now hanging in the wardrobe. All ready to wear with the new boots!

2 comments:

  1. Size 12!!! Wow. I don't even dream of size 12. That would seem like "the impossible dream" right now. I can certainly imagine how excited you feel about it! I'm waiting for the photo of the skirt when it's less snug, and the famous boots.
    I challenge you to be able to wear it to Melbourne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say that your course sounds fascinating. I love stuff like that. Challenging your thinking is so healthy. It's great when you get what I could only call "the rub" when it's new, and different, and challenging, but not TOO confronting. I have done some school counselling here, and my sister has done grief counselling papers (works at a hospice so there's lots of grief to be had!) so we often have great discussions over wines about different ways of thinking, perceptions etc.
    Then we have too much wine and find that our own perceptions are very cloudy by that time....

    ReplyDelete