Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family feedback and I am thinking it is time to update some photos!!

Deb, you asked for it so hear I go... The family were blown away especially my lovely brother in law Don who I last saw when we all traveled to Canada and Alaska in August 2009. He stood there with his mouth open and said "WOW!! Looking great Liz!!" then he proceeded to ask me what I had been doing and throughout our conversation he kept saying how fantastic and well I looked. I mentioned that under the clothing it still isn't a pretty sight as age was catching up with me and he said real women have plenty of character!!

I also caught up with some of my school friends. They had not seen me at my heaviest but there comments were also overwhelmingly positive and complimentary.

I now feature in a few photos so once I have uploaded them from the camera there will be a new photo gallery so watch this space....

2 comments:

  1. That's great. It's often suprising who it is that will notice and want to ask questions. Your BIL sounds lovely!
    It still amuses me to see people's reactions. Some are instantly complimentary. Some seem scared to mention it. Others look puzzled e.g. a woman saw me today for first time in a year. She walked towards me saying, "You look great. Is it your hair? Is that what's different? You just look so well!" I didn't tell her - just thanked her.
    Looking forward to your photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more pics too. Your 22.9kg loss ones look fantastic!!!
    I had a nice compliment today from someone I saw briefly last week, but before that had not seen her since November, when I first started WW. Her first comment today was "So skinny minny, what are you doing to look so great? I want to look like you!" It is sooo nice to hear! to start with it was quite hard to accept compliments as I thought people were taking the mickey out of me, but now, I can't get enough! LOL!
    And You DO look GREAT! And so does Deb! :)

    ReplyDelete